Sunday, April 26, 2009


Our little one turns 1 month today.
Our little family has settled in quite well. Beto loves being a big brother. Breanna loves to take care of her and hold her. I can’t believe it’s been a month already. Time sure does fly by fast. I don’t miss work as much as I thought I was. I do talk to the girls at the office and they keep me in the loop on what is going on. It has been easier than I thought to let go.

Julianna has outgrown her newborn diapers and now using size 1. That’s bittersweet. I love to see her grow but at the same time it’s sad. My baby is growing up. Before you know it she will be fighting with her brother and sister and getting into all their stuff.

Julianna kept me up on Saturday night. I threaten to make her my only formula fed baby. I would nurse her…she would grunt and fuss. I was thinking she was hungry and maybe her breastaurant was closed, plugged up, or just plain empty. I tried to comfort her but she was fussy for about 20 minutes straight. Gave her gas medicine…Nothing. So I defrost some milk for her and tried to feed her with the bottle. NO LUCK. That was our first hard night. I was worried that something was wrong with her. But she finally calmed down and fell asleep. FYI…JULIANNA it’s suppose to get easier to get you to bed.

So far the hardest thing has been nursing. Not the actually act but just scheduling time to nurse. I don’t have any nursing tops yet. Which makes it hard to nurse in public. I ordered some online and hopefully they should be arriving sooner rather than later. Here in the states people still freak out when they see you nursing. I’m not sure why. I feel it’s as natural as you can get. My gosh the only reason God gave women boobs is to feed their little ones. But in the states boobs are associated so much with SEX. I don’t care I’m gonna pop it out whenever she is hungry. I’m not gonna flash people but come on my baby has to eat and why should we go hide in a room in exile.

No comments:

Post a Comment