Monday, April 20, 2009

Anaphylactoid Purpura Monday

So I had a great Monday today. First of all last night didn't get much sleep with a 3week newborn. Early this morning at 8:30 A.M. I get a call from Breanna's school nurse. Breanna has a rash on her leg and is itching. I said I know but its not contagious. (Breanna has been asking me if she could stay home with Julianna and I.) I agreed to pick her up. Prior to hanging up she in turn tells me you know I called your husband and he told me he was busy and to call him back. I asked her well did you state who you where. And she said YES MRS. KING just like I did with you when I called. I had to do everything to hold back my gangsta ways and not reply to that remark. I then text Jason "Thanks for nothing and I'm taking you off the list of people to call" I can be so mean. I know and accept this. But I was pissed. Who in there right mind does that? In his defense he said he thought it was Disney World(School's name is Walt Disney Elementary) calling regarding some type of special promotion). I call Bullshit.....However, he was busy at work due to the flooding that happen this weekend. Jason gets flustered when he is overwhelmed. So who knows.

Ohhh and Breanna got it to. Poor Child as soon as we got in the car I quickly told her that if she thought it was going to be an easy day she had another thing coming. I told her she would have to go to her room and stay there for the rest of the day and if she got hungry she should of stayed in school. School would of fed her but I'm not. I then looked at her legs (Looking back I should of done this first prior to reaming her) and her legs were much worse than last night. So I called her doctor which had no openings till tomorrow morning. Which meant she would of miss school today and tomorrow. So I called Diane to see if I could get her seen in her clinic and of course she said come on over.

Bre got blood drawn, her throat swabbed, and peed in a cup. Then the doctor said Breanna has Anaphylactoid Purpura.... and I said she has WHATA PURPURA!!! Well come to find out it sometype of illness in which blood vessels get inflamed. What caused it...nobody knows. They did test her urine and there was blood in her urine!!! That alone scares me. I had three questions for the doctor.
1. Was it contagious? (Answer: NO)
2. What do I do now? (Answer: See a kidney doc to rule out kidney damage)
3. How can I prevent this from happening again? (Answer: Nothing. You can't prevent it.)

Breanna loved all the attention. Breanna knows mostly everybody in the clinic because she helps out when Diane keeps her. We didn't get home till 1:00PM I had to leave the house at 2:30 PM to pick Beto up from school. So I nursed Julianna. Chilled for a bit and off we where to pick up Beto. After picking up Beto we went to buy the groceries for dinner this week. Came home made dinner, nursed Julianna again, got Beto ready for his game and loaded up the truck with stroller. I was out the door at 5:20PM. I felt like SUPERWOMEN!!!! Since I was pissed at Jason I was in my "WHO NEEDS A MAN" mood. I quickly get out of these moods on my own because I forget I'm mad at him and start talking to him. Then I remember I'm mad...........but by then its too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment