Sunday, December 4, 2011

December Going-ons

Felt Christmas Tree
Made a felt Christmas tree in hopes that the gremlins would leave the real tree alone.....A TOTAL NO GO.  They love the felt tree but love the real one more. 

 










Lets eat bugs!
Made bugs for Lunch.  Jules of course loved the idea.   Bugs call for hot dogs and spaghetti.  We didn't have spaghetti so I used what we had which was wheat linguine.  These came out so cute. 
 Julianna and Viviann love to help.  Breanna was with Grandma where at the ballet watching The Nutcracker.  And Beto of course was running the streets. 
 They love chickpeas and cheese so I smoothered it on. 
 Janet is here!
Why or how the name Janet was picked...I have no clue.  But that's the name they came up with.  I always want to say "Janet.....Jackson....if your nasty".  lol...if you grew up in the 80's you will get that :).  At first I didn't think that the kids would like Elf on the Shelf.  But when I heard that the elves come back from the north pole and land in a different place every morning. I knew Jules would totally get that.  I got alot of fun ideas from this website.  I love the part in the book where it mentions "if you say your prayers"  Jules said "I do...I do"  So freaking cute. :)  Vivianna is too young. She still doesn't get it.  Bre and Beto go along with it.
 But you can tell they are total NON BELIEVERS.  :(

 Jules did not like not being able to touch Janet (Jackson..if your nasty..lol)  But she got over it, kinda, sorta.  I did see plush elves that the kids are allowed to touch.  But we will see how she does.  

She's crying because she wants to play with her :(
This is were Janet sits after we find her every morning. 
I have a feeling that Janet is going to take after us :) and get into trouble. 

1st Night she was found playing with the train around the tree. 
 Church
We went to church....Hooray!  Hoorah! We sit in the cry room but I manage to listen.   When I was kneeling and was reading from the prayer booklet.  Jules did exactly what I did.  I love that and that shows you that kids do what you do, not what you say.  I'm struggling on knowing the "why" in things. Like why this or that is said.   There is classes on Tuesday's starting in Jan.  I am really interested in going.  I have always had an relationship with God.  I always "talk" to him.  But I never served him.  If that makes sense?  I want my kids to grow up having faith.  I feel  that we have lost our path.  I feel nobody puts God first anymore.  It hit me hard when Sundays became "football days".  I was like I can get so much done in the name of football but I can't go to church for one hour.  It's not the going to church for one hour...its what you get out of it.   It makes me feel good.  I love the feeling of needing something...not being able to pin point what  and then you go to church and you find it.  I'm sure I'm not making no sense to nobody but myself but that's cool.  I get it me.  ;)
 Christmas Tree
Decorating the Christmas tree is a thing we do in phases.  Bre and I do all the prep work.  When nobody is around thats the key of everything going smoothly.  The garland, putting the bows on the tree, putting the ornaments on the hooks, laying everything out.It's a must we must, we must prepare 1st.  Oh while we do all that.  Beto is laying out the train.  Bre and I must approve of the layout, or course ;).  Then when all this is done we call in the troops aka the Gremlins aka..Jules and Vivi.  Pure chaos!  But Christmasy chaos. 

Jules is preparing her candy cane stash
 Beto took a break and letting all the ladies do the work. 
 The Gremlins at work
 The final piece of art. 
FOOTBALL
Can't forget about the football games going on this week.  Longhorns lost...boooooooooo.  Cowboys lost......booooooo.  Texans won. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!    
Win or lose we always have fun.  AND WE ALWAYS EAT GOOD!

Here is my layout.  Made jalapeno poppers.  Super yummy. Here is the recipe   I would def add more jalapeno's next time.  Then I made a sausage version for the girls. Basically just sausage and cheddar cheese.  OH and the mock TGIF potatoes were to die for.  Here is that recipe.  I did use heavy cream instead of milk...because i'm a fatty :)  But i'm def gonna be making big batches to freeze.  I get all these recipes off pinterest <-That link is for my "superbowl board".  It's awesome.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment